Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Minutes of the Aylesbury & District Football League Management Committee Meeting held on Wednesday
6th December 2017 at Aylesbury Lawn Tennis Club.
Officers Present: P.Rice (chair), A.Skeggs, M.Pollard, M.Thoday, R.Small, R.Lipscombe A.Swain, Mrs M.Harrison and N.Sabitini.
Apologies: K.Saw & Mrs M.Stevens.
Before the meeting started there was a minute’s silence for Rex Heley, League President, who passed away this week, aged 99.
His funeral would take place on the 14th December at Amersham.
The minutes of 1st November were agreed as a true record.
It was recorded in the minutes that no under 16 year olds could act as a referee assistant. Despite that there had been
another complaint regarding the Elmhurst assistant referee. A letter was to go to Elmhurst FC informing them that they
couldn’t use their current person.
The Berks & Bucks FA had responded with a set of minutes of their recent meeting but they had yet to copy the secretary in
on all correspondence.
When a match is cancelled and the referee receives half fee then the offending club has to pay the £50.00 fine plus the half
fee. (Rule change).
Berks & Bucks FA – Club & League welfare officers meeting 12 December. Notification of the death of Rex Heley, League President. Bedgrove Wanderers FC – Regarding condition of changing room following game against Bedgrove Dynamos.
Alleged that Bedgrove Dynamos FC had left the away changing room in an appalling condition. The Chairman, Secretary
and Managers of both clubs to attend the January meeting.
• Income since last meeting £350 (£290 in fines and £60 in transfers). • Expenditure £50 (Stationery £10 and Referee Fees £40).
• Balance now stands at £15,613.
Registration Secretary’s Report
Late team sheets. See listing in appendix A.
- Kalson Guiste Bucks Blue FC to Ludgershall FC
- Saqib Mohammed Bucks Blue FC to Ludgershall FC
- Khyam Makhter Elmhurst FC to New Zealand FC
- Nathan Bateman Bedgrove Utd FC to Waddesdon FC
- Sam Kajero Bedgrove Utd FC to Waddesdon FC
- Ryan Whitney Tring Corinthians FC to Bucks CC FC
- Paul Brown Aylesbury FC to New Zealand FC
- Shane Almond Aylesbury FC to New Zealand FC
• Quainton v Elmhurst. Both teams fielded un-registered players. Both to be fined £25 and game declared void.
Players registered on the match day must have the registration sheet with Marcie by the Wednesday following the match.
Fixture Secretary’s Report
There were some fines following a review of the referee report sheets. See Appendix A. teams were up to date with their fixtures except those teams involved in cup runs. The cup draws were carried out to the semi-final stages. See Appendix B
. • Cancelled Games:
- 11 November – New Zealand - League Cup v Long Marston. Fined £50.00 plus half referee fee £20.
- 25 November – Rivets Reserves – League Cup v Oving. Fined £50.
Referee Secretary’s Report:
Matches covered, 59 in October and 62 in November. However, we have lost 6 regular referees for a variety of reasons
including excessive abuse from players / club officials. May be a problem covering all matches when the semi-finals are played. A referee reported inappropriate comments about him on a club website. This has been reported to the B&B FA for a potential
hearing. Clubs are reminded to police their websites / social media as the B&B FA are taking action against inappropriate
content in these areas.
Press Secretary’s Report
A mysterious local football platform/social media had appeared, which mentions the ADFL. Need to keep an eye on it.
Need to think about marketing for next season. Newspapers were expensive. Considering advertising in the quarterly
“Aylesbury Matters” publication and the Derek Pelling website. It was suggested that a league Twitter account might be the
Any Other Business:
• Need to start thinking about rule changes for next season ahead of the January meeting.
The kit used by Wingrave FC was border line as the rules state no black or dark blue shirts should be purchased. Up to referees
• B&B FA – The League contact Matt Pill had left the B&B FA. The new contact was Alex Smith.
Next meeting – 3rd January 2018 at Aylesbury Lawn Tennis Club.
Thomas Field Shield Treasurers Report
• Income since last meeting £0.
• Expenditure £70. (B&B FA Affiliation £50 and Referee Fee £20).
• Balance stands at £5,960.